Wednesday 11 March 2015

Be More [Steampunk] Dog - Scrapbook Layout

Hello Friends! I hope you are all keeping well and are enjoying the first signs of spring. 

We've had our first ever crocus in our garden. Just one. And just for a few hours until something has eaten it... We saw it first thing in the morning and by the time we got back from work - it was gone. No trace of it... we were so sad...!

Anyway... today I am back to share... a scrapbook page! I know! It doesn't happen very often on my blog :). 
But when I saw this cute little guy during our short break in Bruges last summer I just knew I had to scrap him :). I took about a hundred photos of him lol. I really loved this sweet innocent face in contrast with the Steampunk feel of the horse carriage... Isn't he just gorgeous? And I knew these new cool stamps with ScrewLoose and Sparky mates would be perfect for my layout.



Supplies:
From Stampendous:
SSC1219 ScrewLoose N Sparky Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
M323 Screwy Pals
H316 Sparky
ASCRS02 Cling Steampunk Set
NKCRS05 Cling Kaffee Klatsch Set
SSC1205 Journal Lines Perfectly Clear™ Stamps
FRM02 Gilded Mica Fragments
FRM03 Tarnished Mica Fragments
MEM01 Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®
SSH38 Small Perfectly Clear™ Acrylic Handle


Plus:
Adhesives by Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: DODZ™ - 3D, DODZ™ - Small, 3D Foam Squares - Black Mix, Adhesive Sheets 4x6", Creative Photo Corners - White, E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips, 3D Foam Pennants 

Media: Clearsnap®: Smooch® Green Apple and Mocha, ColorBox® Mudslide, Ranger Ink: Color Wask Lettuce, Distress Inks Tea Dye, Crushed Olive 


Cardstock by Bazzill Basics®
Papers: 7Dots Studio - Dreamer, Authentique - Adventure Explore, corrugated cardboard scraps
Embellishments, ScrapFX chipboards, wooden and paper flowers, brads, suede ribbon/string (May Arts), Martha Stewart Doily border punch, four small photos (2x2") printed on printable canvas, black glitter alphabet stickers (K&Co)


Instructions: 
1. Trim 1/4" around a 12x12" background paper (7Dots Studio), punch around randomly, add some tears and distress the edges.
2. Add strips of pattern papers to the page. Add some spray ink and ink splatters.
3. Add stamping around the page as shown with ScrewLoose N Sparky Clear Stamps, Screwy Pals, Sparky, Cling Steampunk Set, Cling Kaffee Klatsch Set, Journal Lines Clear Stamps with black, brown and green ink. 




4. Paint Steampunk shapes with Smooch inks and adhere to the page with Adhesive Sheets. Cover any excess of the adhesive with Mica Fragments. 
5. Trim the photos leaving a small white edge, mount on corrugated cardboard mats, embellish with more stamping and brads.
6. Adhere to the page with 3D Foam Squares with DODZ™ as shown. Embellish with clusters of flowers, inked and sprayed with coordinated inks. Add coiled suede string.
7. Add the title with glitter stickers.
8. Mat the page with with Authentique - Adventure Explore paper and adhere with E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips.
9. Add final embellishments with 3D Foam Pennants covered with patterned papers and inked Creative Photo Corners.

Thank you for your visit and I hope you've enjoyed my today's offering. Be sure to pop over to the Stampendous blog to check out other great projects with Sparky and ScrewLoose friends!


Have a sunny and creative week!

Big crafty hugs
Asia King Blog signature_small

Follow on Bloglovin
♥ Follow Me On Bloglovin'

Challenges for this project:
Just Us Girls #283 - Masculine
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - B is for.. Be More (Steampunk) Dog
Our Creative Corner - Junk In Your Trunk (corrugated cardboard scraps)

15 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Stunning layout! I love the colorful layers and all the texture. The embellishments and photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing! :)

barbara macaskill said...

I am totally in love with this spectacular layout! I love every little detail about it! The colors, the photos, the embellishments all make me happy! My heart is singing right now! TFS!

Bente Fagerberg said...

This is gorgeous! Love the beautiful layering and all the little artsy touches. Wonderful use of colour! :-)

Unknown said...

This page is wonderful, I just love all those layers.. And those photos are so darn cute.. Well done my friend.

Hugs~
My Happy Place

Tracy Welham said...

Such a fantastic page! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Lyn Bernatovich said...

What a wonderful L/O!!!! Everything works beautifully.

Ros Crawford said...

It's beautiful!! I just love the photos of that little guy too! I hope you are feeling a little better

Sharyn Polesel said...

Wonderful scrapbook pages! Love the layout, the colors and that cute dog! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your scrapbook pages are awesome! I love all of the beautiful details you have added. Great composition. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Tincan Crafter said...

Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner for the Junk in your trunk challenge. - Candice - (aka Tincan Crafter)

Viki Banaszak said...

That is so cute!!! I love the pictures. Yes, I'd say it's perfect.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome page -- cute 4 legged guy :) Thanks for joining in at JUGS!

Unknown said...

When I saw him on FB I thought he was your dog lol, he's such a handsome fella. Love that you scrapped a pic of a dog you like Joanna, that's so cool. Awesome LO!

Michelle said...

Beautiful layout! I love your floral clusters. LOVE them! Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.
~Michelle

Jenny Marples said...

Can't fully express how much I love this layout! Great title, super design and beautiful colours. We need to see more! Jenny x

.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... All content, except where stated (including text, photographs and designs), is copyright of Asia King (Creative Spell Designs). I share my artwork for personal inspiration only. I don’t mind if you copy any of my designs for your own personal use, providing you give me credit by referring to my blog. You may not however copy my designs and photographs for contests and publications entries (online or otherwise) or to sell in either handmade or printed form. You may not copy my designs and photographs for advertising & commercial purposes, without my prior permission. Thank you for your understanding.
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Craft Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory blog button flower Photobucket Crafty Blogs

Let's Tweet!

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Under a creative spell, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena